SHORTCUTS » Ask a Question

Forums Ask a Question After a recent update keys "4", LeftShift" and "Enter" don’t work anymore on my Surface Pro 1

After a recent update keys "4", LeftShift" and "Enter" don’t work anymore on my Surface Pro 1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Surface Tip Question

After a recent update keys "4", LeftShift" and "Enter" don’t work anymore on my Surface Pro 1. The only option I am left with if I unplug the keyboard cover I am able to get those keys with onscreen keyboard. It doesn’t seem to be a hardware issue. Still poking around trying to solve it, Will appreciate any help.

Evan Forrest

That’s so weird that some keys not working caused by Windows Updates. Here are my suggestions:

Case 1: keyboard related issues:

1. You should test with other type covers to see whether the problems still exist.
    2. Does the problem exist on USB keyboard or Bluetooth keyboard?

Case 2: OS or update related issues:

1. Do the keys work on the lock screen? sometimes problems only happen when you logged in. Create a new User account and log in to the new account and check again.
    2. Did you install AutoHotKey on your Surface Pro 1? Remove it and check again.

Hope it helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

COMMENTS

Share your ideas here!

If you don't have an account on our forums, you can use this comments section to share your issues, solutions, or any ideas related to the “After a recent update keys "4", LeftShift" and "Enter" don’t work anymore on my Surface Pro 1” topic.

Loading Comments...
Skip to toolbar