Forums Ask a Question How do i find out if my keyboard battery is charging.

How do i find out if my keyboard battery is charging.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Evan Forrest 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Surface Tip Question

I have a Surface – windows 8 pro 128 GB and I don’t know if the keyboard battery is charging any longer. How or where do I check for this? Thanks.

Evan Forrest

Thank for your question! First, you need to know that there are three types of the keyboard cover available for Surface with Windows 8 Pro.

• Surface Touch Cover and Surface Type Cover – these two types of keyboard cover don’t have a built-in battery.
    • Surface Power Cover comes with a built-in 30.0 Wh battery. It can be identified with a significantly thicker than other two keyboard covers and additional connector pins.
      Surface Power Cover ConnectorSurface Power Cover thickness

You can check the Surface Power Cover’s battery and charging status (Battery #2) via battery indicator on the Windows taskbar.
    Surface Power Cover battery indicator

References:

1. The different types of Surface covers by Microsoft
    2. Review: Microsoft Surface Power Cover by NewAtlas
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

COMMENTS

Share your ideas here!

If you don't have an account on our forums, you can use this comments section to share your issues, solutions, or any ideas related to the “How do i find out if my keyboard battery is charging.” topic.

Skip to toolbar