Forums Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Surface Pro 4 m3 worth getting?

Surface Pro 4 m3 worth getting?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Evan Forrest 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • robinsenny

Hi,

I’m considering getting a Surface Pro 4 to use as a drawing tablet and to have a general purpose laptop that’s more modern than my broken 2008 Macbook. The dilemma I have is whether to get the m3 model since it’s cheap, or to go for the i5 with 8GB RAM since I’m worried 4GB isn’t enough. Just a few months ago this would have been a no brainer, but there’s now a huge difference in price. In Australia the m3 is $1000 with the stylus* and the i5 8GB is normally $1850, but is currently discounted on the Microsoft store to $1570 (plus shipping, as unlike the m3, I can’t get it at this price in a bricks and mortar shop) bundled with a 250GB external SSD. Is the lack of the extra RAM something that’s going to be a major problem, or should I just pocket the $600 difference? Especially as I’m not sure I’d be able to buy before the discount offer expires.
    Please help.

I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
    https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1376235

Digital video content production studio

Thanks!

Evan Forrest

It has both advantages and disadvantages for the Intel Core M3 on Surface Pro 4. In short, it has a relatively fast speed for common tasks like office work, web browsing, and general entertainment. And what’s so special about the Core M3 model is that it’s fanless and has the lowest 4.5W TDP, which means you’ll use it longer and quieter than all the other models.

The amount of RAM depends on the size and type of work you do. 4GB is fairly enough for Office work, web browsing up to 4 to 5 tabs and can play some casual games. But if you want a high-speed PC for future work, the Surface Pro 4 with Core i5 8GB is the best choice if you can find it at an affordable price.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar