Forums Ask a Question Surface rt unable to reset using USB

Surface rt unable to reset using USB

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Evan Forrest 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Surface Tip Question

I needed to do a reset using a

USB recovery image on my surface RT since i can’t pass the surface logo when powered on
    So I downloaded the recovery image for my surface from the surface website,

At the end of the download a message popped up saying that install.wim is corrupt. I downloaded it again and same happened.

I followed the instructions after extracting the zip file onto the usb (which i bought earlier just for this purpose and has 16gb and FAT32 formatted) And the install.wim wasn’t copied into it.

When i reached to the troubleshoot option there was only 3 options; refresh. Reset. Advanced options.

When i hit refresh it says: the drive where windows is installed is locked. Unlock and try again.

When i hit reset= unable to reset, a required drive partition is missing.

Please help ASAP I need it to continue my studying

Evan Forrest

I can see that the root cause of the problem is you didn’t fully download the recovery image. You will need to use another browser to download the recovery image again (Don’t use the same browser). The correct size of SurfaceRT_BMR_10.8.17.0.zip is 2.89 GB (3,033,416 KB).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

COMMENTS

Share your ideas here!

If you don't have an account on our forums, you can use this comments section to share your issues, solutions, or any ideas related to the “Surface rt unable to reset using USB” topic.

Skip to toolbar